Historically, the origins of the practice, an old vicarage, can be traced back as far as 1900. First set up as H. McIntyre's surgery in 1900 it managed to carry on through both World Wars. The management was then taken over by E. J. Hodgkinson from 1946 until his retirement in 1984. The practice previously operated from Buxton Road, Leek (now a chiropodists) opposite the Royal Oak pub (now part of Park Medical Centre). In 1980 the practice moved to St Luke’s House. The building was originally the vicarage for St. Luke’s church in Fountain Street and has been converted to house the veterinary clinic.
The three partners at that time were - Gordon Roberts, Brian Riley & Max Abbott. A few years after Mr. Hodgkinson retired the practice had been renamed Moorland Veterinary Centre.
Since then the partners have changed and the practice recently incorporated and is now known as Moorland Veterinary Centre Ltd. The current directors are Chris Rushton, Ian Elkington and Stephen Clancy.
Click here to view all of our facilities